upcoming events:


also see:
http://cooneyes.deviantart.com/

Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Dye class: we are painting with natural dyes, both in a paste and in a watered down version for washes and such. So far we've painted on silk and cotton. And we've used indigo! The only natural blue dye besides woad (I think though that woad is less of a nice blue) in the world.

Fabric construction/Pattern design: we made flaps, joined pieces of fabric together all fancy with linings, made cut out shapes that were fully lined on the inside edges, and fully lined inside out shapes.

Design: mask making, a flat one and a 3d one... I made the first one so far out of wooden beads woven together. not sure what to do yet about the next one, but I am sure to think of something.

And other than that, the major project full size prototype was completed, though now I'm trying to make the real thing. I'm using old wool jackets and cotton material for the whole thing, and I am currently trying to give the gourd backpack some stability by using interfacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment