upcoming events:


also see:
http://cooneyes.deviantart.com/

Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

A Body of Work and Artist Associations

Also known as BOW Jan- April: I am creating a series of headdresses.  Very decorative, costume based combined media works.  It has taken a couple of weeks to create and fine tune the idea, materials, and forms for this series, but I am extremely excited to start my prototype, and move onto the main structures.  These will be exhibited in the Touchstones gallery of Nelson, BC, near the end of April. I am also hoping to enter one of these into a show in Vancouver called 'Talking Heads, a Contemporary Take on Headdresses'. It will run from July 25- Sept 7 2013.

I am also in the process of renewing my membership to VANL-CARFAC, and applying for membership to the Surface Design Association.
 
In the larger scheme of things, it's becoming more important to form a network of artists and groups that can help support you (at least mentally) when you cease to be a student.  I have already experienced a bit of this after achieving my BFA: it was really hard to get back into art.  I joined an artist collective based in NL called Stockpile, and I got back into the whole artistic process, but it was a struggle to balance my day job and my goals of a career.  I am doubly determined to keep my focus upon the end of this final semester.

I leave now to read up on business contracts between artists and clients, and further my mental work on BOW.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment