upcoming events:


also see:
http://cooneyes.deviantart.com/

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

due for an update!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D18SlYSGOsk (check out this link of a show my book art was in last summer/ very sweet gallery space)

Hello February, it's been a while since the last art post. Happenstance has been on hold for the last while, mostly due to a few cosplay commissions that sprang up, birthdays and the day job, but I have a couple of ideas for it. I'd still love to do a second texting performance, and also some very short spontaneous performances on a day-t0-day basis. I am not sure how these will manifest, but I think that if there were a few done in a short time span, say 3 days, in a public space then it would be noticed. Even more so if I could get some artists to join in.

I am finding that performance art really does do best when there is more than one person involved, either in the same performance or in a venue of performances (eg. festival, exhibition, etc...). But I also enjoy having many people performing something as opposed to one, and it's a part of my art that I need help with in order to do. I've had some wonderful experiences with past collab. projects like 'Chalkwalk' and 'River Walkers', I hope I can do more.

There is some other news; I have applied for a fibre arts program in BC, and actually I'm about to do a telephone portfolio interview. I am also going to a workshop this week for craft businesses, that will teach using lean practices. I am sure it will come in handy somewhere down the line.

Well, that is all for now. I need to finish up some more costume work and then spring back into some art. I'm going to focus on some printmaking, maybe some painting and book art.

No comments:

Post a Comment