upcoming events:


also see:
http://cooneyes.deviantart.com/

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Week of Patterns



This week I give you photos of my new ironing board with self made cover, and patterns for a simple tank shirt, pant with gusset, harem pant, and a jacket (currently still in progress).  I don't know why I prefer the use of cloth patterns over paper... possibly because I always have fabric on hand, possibly because I like the way that fabric clings to other fabric and I find I have to pin it less- who knows.  It works for me at the moment, though I do contemplate having some card stock patterns in the future.

You would think I spend most of my time creating- in reality, I do a lot of prep work generating ideas, creating the patterns and designs, choosing fabrics and colours, and keeping the studio space organized.  The actual sewing is a much faster process in comparison, even if the sewing itself takes a while to do (adding details, top stitching, hand stitching, etc). 

The jacket pattern is useful for a myriad of designs.  I have a stock jacket pattern that I've had for years, but recently it just won't work anymore.  My shoulders are larger for one, and no one likes a tight fit across the back that will rip seams if you move your arms.  The personal hobby motivation I've given myself to complete this design is for cosplay (of course!) and the deadline is about a month and a half.

One of these days I'll go to a con where I haven't been sewing the week before.  Or the day before.

I will start putting up completed projects as well as their in progress steps, so expect to see a blue and white striped jacket in the near future.  Until next week then.   

No comments:

Post a Comment