upcoming events:


also see:
http://cooneyes.deviantart.com/

Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

current thoughts

There's another Stockpile exhibition, this time at a gallery in Corner Brook, and it opens next week. I am planning on doing at least one performance, a second version of 'Gypsy King' (this time I'll be holding an instrument made of paper rolls). I also plan to put something into the gallery itself, I'm thinking either a sculpture piece that's been stuck in my mind for awhile, or maybe a painting.

I know. What, a 2D painting?
I'll be rebellious and not frame it.

I have ideas for some prints, but they won't be ready in time.

I'm currently in the middle of moving to a new apartment, so all my art is packed away and I can't get at it until later. My sewing machine is having difficulties as well, very upsetting; how will I do fabric work?! Going to see about getting it to a repair shop if I can't figure out what's wrong with it by the end of next week.

There isn't much more to say, I just wanted to give a tiny update as to what I'm currently doing and planning. I really would love to work with more clay, but there is no kiln that I can use; I know that Grenfell has one, but I'd have to wait for the students to have their stuff ready, and it's just too much hassle for now.

Now that I've been out of school I've been realizing just how much art supplies can cost, especially if it's for a big project. Trying to figure out projects that are free or low cost is a good challenge, and so far I think I've done well. I do need to make some more art soon, as I would like to have another show. Similar to 'Perception of Deception' but maybe not in the arts and culture building, maybe in an apartment or alternative space.

(Fellow artists have been inspiring me way too much!)

Ah, almost forgot about another art event that should be happening this year or next year: art space! It's a one night, maybe more, of artists gathered together in a designated space where they can do any type of art that they want (with general safety rules and all that). It hasn't been done in a few years, so it's very exciting to hear.

Sending updates soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment